Buying a new home is probably the biggest investment you will ever make, so a pre-purchase survey could help you avoid a very costly mistake. It really is best to minimise the chances of anything going wrong by having an expert survey carried out in advance. There are three main reasons why you should opt for a pre-purchase survey:
- Unidentified issues can be costly for you, as these will be your responsibility once the sale is complete.
- A pre-purchase survey can highlight any issues you need to know about in order to help you make an informed decision on the property.
- The survey can identify any remedial action needed and make recommendations to assist you in the purchase negotiations.
Shop around to find the right expert to carry out such a survey for you but you are looking for someone who has lots of experience in this field, and whom you feel you can trust to give you the best independent advice. A good survey and detailed report should address issues like:
- Rising damp or damp ingress
- Structural condition
- Compliance with Building Regulations
- Compliance with Planning Permission
- Boundaries & compliance with Land Registry Maps
- Compliance with Fire Regulations (apartments)
To find out more about Pre-Purchase surveys call us on +353 (0) 74 91 29243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org